Banqueting & Carveries
The newly refurbished Wentworth Suite is also a popular venue for a variety of formal events. When a full meal is required the room is adaptable in terms of layout to suit dinner/dances, presentation evenings, sportsmen’s dinners, charity days, more formal celebrations and corporate days.
Rather than print a selection of set three-course menus it is our policy to list a variety of starters, main courses and desserts, which enables you to compile your own menu.
We are happy to offer limited choices, either two or three of each starter, main course and dessert depending on the number of delegates booked. The choices would have to be pre-ordered, clearly identified and non-changeable.
These menu lists apply whichever room is required, either the clubhouse restaurant (with shared bar facilities) for smaller numbers or the Wentworth Suite, for larger events.
A Carvery option is available in the restaurant for parties over 16 and up to 40 persons featuring many of the starter and sweet choices outlined below along with a succulent selection of roast meats – priced from £15.95. This is an ideal choice for smaller Wedding Anniversaries and Birthday Celebrations where an intimate atmosphere is required. please see the attached flyer.
- Soups (served with roll & butter) - cream of tomato & basil, leek & potato, cream of mushroom, broccoli & stilton, cream of vegetable, French onion
- Prawn Cocktail - served with salad garnish and crusty baguette
- Country Style Pate - course pork liver pate with fresh parsley and garlic served with salad garnish and crusty baguette
- Garlic Mushrooms - mushrooms stuffed with garlic butter and deep fried, served with salad garnish and crusty baguette
- Fanned Melon - chilled fresh melon served with raspberry coulis and garnished with fresh berries
- Fillet of Chicken - served with a cream & mushroom sauce
- Roast Leg of Lamb - served with fresh seasonal vegetables and mint sauce
- Hunters Chicken- Roast Chicken wfilled with smoked cheese and wrapped in Bacon
- Pork Cordon Bleu - Pork steak stuffed with cheese and ham, coated with breadcrumbs, served with mushroom sauce
- Roast Sirloin of Beef - served with Yorkshire pudding, fresh seasonal vegetables and gravy
- Raspberry Pavlova - light refreshing meringue topped with fresh fruit and cream
- Mango & Peach Cheesecake - crunchy biscuit crumb base topped with mango & peach cheesecake and decorated with peach slices, mango glaze and orange coulis
- Strawberries & Cream - fresh fruits with whipped cream
- Profiteroles - topped with chocolate or butterscotch sauce
- Fresh Apple Pie - served with whipped cream
- Coffee & Mints - freshly made complementary coffee (or tea) with mints
Non-refundable deposits are required to secure bookings: £200 for the Wentworth Suite and £100 for the Birkin Suite.