Terms & Conditions
“Ruddington Grange” means the property for which a contract is agreed. The property is owned by Ruddington Grange Golf Club Ltd.
“The Client” and “You” means the organising body/company, agent or representative on behalf of the company and organiser responsible for commissioning and/or payment of the event.
The “Contract” means the agreement between “Ruddington Grange” and “The Client” for a specific booking or series of bookings. These Terms & Conditions will form part of the “Contract”, together with any other items stated in the “Contract”.
We are delighted to hold a provisional booking for you for a maximum of 14 days, unless otherwise agreed by Ruddington Grange . During this time, should a further enquiry be received, we reserve the right to ask for immediate confirmation or instruction to release the booking.
All bookings are considered provisional until the contract is signed by the client. Once the contract is signed all such facilities and services reserved on your behalf will be subject to the terms and conditions of the contract.
The Contract must be returned by the Client and received by Ruddington Grange within ten working days of the date of issue, or if such time is not available prior to the date of arrival, within a maximum of 48 hours.
If the signed Contract is not returned to Ruddington Grange within 10 working days then Ruddington Grange reserves the right to release the provisional booking and re-let the facilities.
Deposits and Pre-payments
A deposit is required with the return of this signed contract to secure your event at Ruddington Grange. A total of 100% of the estimated total will be required at least 4 weeks prior to your wedding day or event.
Should deposits or pre-payments be required for an event, this will be specified on the Contract.
Please note all deposits are non-refundable
It is the policy of Ruddington Grange for all accounts to be settled prior to the event otherwise the event will not take place unless agreed beforehand with the management. A total of 100% of the estimated total will be required at least 4 weeks prior to your event.
In the event of payment becoming overdue, interest at 5% above the current payable Bank base rate as at the date of invoice may be added to your account.
Amendments by the client
Amendments to guest numbers and/or arrangements must be confirmed to Ruddington Grange in writing. Reduction in the duration, numbers or contracted value of the booking shall be subject to Ruddington Grange’s Cancellation Policy.
No charge will be made for any reductions in numbers as long as they do not fall below the minimum guaranteed number and providing they are received in writing by Ruddington Grange at least 10 working days prior to the event.
Final numbers, within the terms stated above, must be notified to Ruddington Grange at least 3 working days prior to event. This will be the minimum number for which the client will be charged.
Cancellation by the client
In the unfortunate circumstances that you have to cancel or postpone your confirmed booking at any time prior to the event, Ruddington Grange will make every effort to re-sell the facilities on your behalf.
Ruddington Grange’s Cancellation Policy is:-
- 6 months prior to the event - 100% of contracted room hire in addition to the deposit paid.
- 2 months prior to the event - 100% of contracted room hire in addition to the deposit paid, plus 50% of the estimated event value being our loss of profit.
- 1 month prior to the event - 100% of contracted room hire in addition to the deposit paid, plus 65% of the estimated event value being our loss of profit.
Any cancellation, postponement or partial cancellation should be advised to the management of Ruddington Grange in the first instance verbally. You will be advised at that stage which cancellation criteria applies. We also request that cancellations are put in writing by the Client. If you are able to transfer your date with the agreement of Ruddington Grange we reserve the right to charge an additional transfer fee or all or part of the room hire cost.
Definitive cancellation charges due can only be confirmed to you after the intended date of the event, when we shall reduce the charge by the profit on any alternative business we have been able to secure on your behalf.
Amendments or cancellations by Ruddington Grange
Should Ruddington Grange for reasons beyond its control, need to make any amendments to your booking, we reserve the right to offer an alternative choice of facilities.
Should the Client make significant changes to the programme or the expected number of guests, this may result in amendments to the applicable rates and or/the facilities offered by Ruddington Grange.
Ruddington Grange may cancel the booking if:
- The booking might, in the opinion of Ruddington Grange, prejudice the reputation of Ruddington Grange.
- The Client is more than 30 days in arrears of previous payments to Ruddington Grange Ltd.
- Ruddington Grange becomes aware of any alteration in the Client’s financial situation.
It should be noted that whilst Ruddington Grange has no specific dress code, guests are expected to be appropriately dressed at all times. We reserve the right to refuse entry to clients who are, in our opinion, inappropriately dressed.
Access and Vacate
All rooms are booked on the understanding that they are vacated by the time stipulated on the contract unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance. The access and vacate times quoted for each function time must be strictly adhered to on all occasions. Functions are required to finish at the time agreed when the booking is made. Ruddington Grange reserves the right to levy additional charges where the Client fails to vacate the room at the contracted time.
Ruddington Grange will endeavour to make the event room available at some point on the day prior to the event. However, in the event that the another function is using the room on that day we will be delighted to store decorations and belongings until such time that the room is ready.
(i) Where the client employs sub-contractors or third parties to assist them with their event, it is their responsibility to ensure that they comply with all Terms and Conditions laid down by Ruddington Grange and any current Health & Safety legislation. Ruddington Grange reserves the right to approve any externally arranged supplier.
(ii) Where Ruddington Grange is requested to book facilities and/or services on behalf of the Client or its guests with third parties, it will do so in good faith but cannot be held liable should the standard of those services prove deficient, or for the acts or omissions from such third parties.
Professional Bodies and Performing Rights
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that any band or musician employed by them complies with statutory requirements and the requirements of the management of Ruddington Grange, and holds Public Liability Insurance.
- Ruddington Grange must comply with certain licensing and statutory regulations and requires the Client to fulfil their obligations in this respect.
- Please note that in order to comply with the requirements of our Public Entertainment Licence, levels of noise must be controlled at all times by noise limiters. The Management, who are the sole arbitrators of what may be deemed to be a public nuisance may require noise levels to be lowered. Refusal to do so by you or your appointed agent could result in the electrical supply being cut off to the band/disco and music being discontinued for the duration of the function. Such an action will not constitute a breach of contract between the Client and Ruddington Grange.
Food and Beverage
The Client will ensure that neither they, nor any of their guests, bring any food or beverage into Ruddington Grange, unless previously agreed in writing by Ruddington Grange.
A minimum of 80% of total guests for an evening buffet must be catered for unless specified. In the case of the Hot Meat rolls buffet 100% of guests must be catered for and buffet extras such as New potatoes or Wedges purchased in addition.
A corkage charge will be made for any consumption of wines agreed in advance.
Please note that any guest found with their own food and beverages will be required to surrender said food or beverage and depending on the severity of the breach of contract may result in some or all of your Clients holding deposit being forfit. Please ensure you advise your guests accordingly.
- Ruddington Grange reserves the right to change the Client’s event to a different room if numbers fall from those originally contracted for.
- The Client must obtain prior consent for all signs, exhibitions and displays inside and outside Ruddington Grange. Ruddington Grange reserves the right to remove signs which are unauthorised, unlawfully displayed or which may be deemed to cause offence.
- Ruddington Grange’s name/logo may be used in publicity, once a proof of the promotional material has been agreed with Ruddington Grange.
- We are concerned for your health and safety and that of our premises. You are not permited to fix items to the walls, floors or ceilings.
- Ruddington Grange will not be liable for Clients or any person claiming through the Clients, for any loss or damage caused by, or arising from, its failure to carry out any obligations under this Agreement, due to anything beyond the control of Ruddington Grange.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of service and VAT at the current rate unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to change prices due to increases in suppliers’ costs, tax, duty and any changes in VAT.
- Any additional bookings or services arising out of the Contract will be deemed subject to the above conditions.
- Should any of your guests be unable to correct any aspect of poor behaviour or activities unacceptable to Ruddington Grange, Ruddington Grange reserves the right to terminate your stay. Should this occur, no monies will be refunded to you. The Manager’s decision is final.
- We regret that Ruddington Grange does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to vehicles or other property howsoever caused.
- The costs of repairing any damage caused to the property, contents or grounds by any of your guests must be reimbursed to Ruddington Grange by the Client.
- Insurance – we strongly recommend you consider insurance to protect you against cancellation or abandonment. Insurance can also cover non-appearance of third party suppliers, property damage at or to the venue or its contents, third party bodily insurance and third party damage. Ruddington Grange does not accept liability for these.
- Internet and email use – the Organiser agrees to inform their guests/attendees that use of the Internet or email facilities while at Ruddington Grange is carried out in the knowledge that they accept liability for any views expressed, damage caused by infections or viruses, and full personal responsibility for the downloading of illegal material.